Your ticket into the medical field.
From nurses to physical therapists to medical technologists, spots are waiting to be filled. If you aspire to have a rewarding and successful career in the medical field, take a look at our new Health Professions A.S. degree program. The Health Professions program is designed to prepare students for successful transfer into a variety of bachelor's degree programs in health-related fields. The curriculum provides students with multiple pathways to attain the skills, knowledge and experience required for patient-based or technology-based healthcare occupations. Choose from the following tracks:
Medical Technology & Biotechnology
- Additional Schooling: Bachelor's degree in area of interest - A.S. fulfills SUNY Upstate prerequisites for Medical Technology or Medical Biotechnology minus additional Liberal Arts requirement
Medical Imaging Sciences, Radiation Therapy, and Respiratory Therapy
- Additional Schooling:
- Radiation Therapy Program - A.S. fulfills SUNY Upstate prerequisites minus additional Liberal Arts requirement
- Medical Imaging Science - A.S. fulfills SUNY Upstate prerequisites for B.S. program
- Respiratory Therapy Program - A.S. fulfills SUNY Upstate prerequisites minus additional Liberal Arts requirement
- Additional schooling is required to become a Registered Nurse. This track of the Health Professions A.S. degree fulfills prerequisites for St. Elizabeth's College of Nursing.
- Additional Schooling: Bachelor's degree in area of interest, Doctor of Physical Therapy professional school- A.S. fulfills prerequisites for SUNY Upstate DPT program minus bachelor's degree
Those interested in becoming a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) should register as a Liberal Arts and Science: Science major.
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog.
Herkimer College offers a quality and affordable educational experience.