Herkimer College is planning to offer alternate modes of course delivery methods for the remainder of the spring semester.
This notice has been updated. Please consult Herkimer College's Coronavirus Updates page for the most up-to-date information.
Dear Campus Community:
As most of you are likely aware, the situation with the coronavirus is ever-changing at a rapid pace. The administration has been in constant communication with SUNY and our local Department of Health, as well as monitoring the actions being taken by Governor Cuomo and other institutions throughout New York State.
Herkimer College is taking precautions and implementing pro-active protocols and preparations summarized below.
- Per Governor Cuomo’s press conference at 1:45 p.m. today, SUNY and CUNY campuses will implement distance learning for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Herkimer College is planning to offer alternate modes of course delivery methods beginning Monday, March 23.
- Faculty will receive follow-up communications from the Provost regarding preparation for continuation of courses.
- Students will receive course-specific communications with instructions for alternate methods of course completion.
- We recommend residential students take all personal belongings with them as they depart for spring break. Campus Housing will remain open for students on a case by case basis. Students who plan to remain in campus housing must notify the Housing Office at 315-574-4016.
We will continue to monitor the situation and take all necessary steps to keep our campus community informed and safe. You may reference all coronavirus-related updates at this webpage.
Cathleen C. McColgin, Ph.D.