Where classroom knowledge meets practical field experience.
The Criminal Justice A.A.S. program at Herkimer College is designed to prepare you for a successful career in law enforcement, criminal investigation, probation, parole, and similar fields. A three-credit internship experience is designed to integrate the theoretical knowledge learned in the classroom with the practical knowledge of working in the field.
As a graduate, you'll be prepared to:
- Effectively engage in proactive approaches to deter crime, and to investigate and apprehend those who break the law
- Participate in the field of corrections in the areas of detention, supervision, administration, and rehabilitation of incarcerated persons or those who obtain alternatives to incarceration
- Contribute to the criminal justice system as professionals in Federal and State courts
- Successfully perform operations necessary to ensure security in both the private and public sector
- Demonstrate an understanding of police ethics and how to resolve issues of an ethical nature
- Demonstrate an understanding of our correctional system, the concepts of probation and parole, the nature of punishment, and trends in corrections
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog.
Herkimer College offers a quality and affordable educational experience.