A solid foundation for your future.
The Medical Coding/Transcriptionist Certificate program gives you the opportunity to gain the entry-level skills necessary to acquire and maintain a position relating to Medical Coding and/or Medical Transcription.
With a Herkimer College certificate in hand, you’ll be prepared to
- Identify and correctly apply ICD-9-CM codes based on the diagnoses presented
- Identify and correctly apply CPT codes based on the surgical procedures presented
- Recognize, understand, and spell a variety of medical terms
- Demonstrate proficiency in keying dictated tapes based on medical cases
- Distinguish different medical forms and show familiarity with content
- Communicate effectively
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog.
Herkimer College offers a quality and affordable educational experience.