Please be advised of the following updates and clarifications regarding the College’s response to the Governor’s announcement regarding SUNY’s response to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Herkimer College remains open and will continue to provide student services and resources. The goal is to reduce potential exposure to COVID-19 by reducing density of gatherings and practicing social distancing and vigilant hygiene.
- The academic team and faculty are in the process of planning for various alternative delivery methods for all courses and will communicate with students on an ongoing basis. Therefore, please be sure to regularly check your Herkimer College email.
- The campus will remain open, including on-campus housing. Residential students who wish to remain in campus housing during spring break and/or throughout the remainder of the semester should notify the Housing Office at email@example.com or 315-574-4016.
- Students planning to return to campus housing after spring break should notify the Housing Office of their plans to do so.
- Students who wish to move out completely can do so at any time and must complete the check-out process, which includes turning in keys and a room inspection. Contact Housing for further details.
- Herkimer County is not on quarantine. Currently there are no personal travel restrictions, other than to Level 2 and 3 countries, as identified by the CDC.
- The spring athletic season has not been canceled, and at this time, games will continue as scheduled.