Online Student Center
Everything you need to know.
Have a question? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
Access Your Course
If you are registered for an Internet Academy course, you will be able to access your course several days before the course begins at Generals Online.
Generals Online (GO) Username/Password Information
Your GO Username:
First seven characters of your last name (if your last name is less than seven characters, then you would use your entire last name), first name initial, and last three digits of your Herkimer College assigned Student ID Number.
- John Doe with a Herkimer College ID Number of H00075123 would enter his GO username as doej123.
- Jane Patterson with a Herkimer College ID Number of H00077987 would enter her GO username as pattersj987
This is the same username you use to access MyHerkimer, but they are two completely separate accounts so your password may be different.
Your GO Password:
Your GO Password will initially be your 6-digit date of birth in MMDDYY format. You should change your password as soon as you are able to login. You may find instructions for changing your password here. If you have logged into GO previously and changed your password but do not remember what it was, please select the “Forgot Your Password” link. On the next page, in the Email Address Option area, enter your First Name, Last Name and Herkimer College Student Email Address and then check your Herkimer College Student WebMail account for the response.
Access Your Herkimer College Student Email Account
Access your email using Outlook on the web at https://outlook.com/herkimer.edu
Your Email Username: First seven characters of your last name (if your last name is less than seven characters, then you would use your entire last name), first name initial, and last three digits of your Herkimer College assigned Student ID Number followed by @herkimer.edu.
- John Doe with a Herkimer College ID Number of H00075123 would enter his GO username as email@example.com.
- Jane Patterson with a Herkimer College ID Number of H00077987 would enter her GO username as firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Email Password: Herk! plus your eight-digit birthdate in the following format: MMDDYYYY.
- John Doe who was born on January 1, 1990 would initially have a password of Herk!01011990.
- Jane Patterson who was born on December 28, 1992 would initially have a password of Herk!12281992.
You’ll be required to change your password the first time you log in. The new password should be between 13 and 20 characters long, and it cannot be any of the last five passwords you have used or contain your username. Your new password must contain at least one upper-case letter, one lower-case letter, one digit and one special character.
How to Determine your Herkimer College ID
You can use your Herkimer College ID in place of your Social Security Number when logging into Student Online Services and when contacting Herkimer College by telephone and email. You will also need your Herkimer College ID to determine both your General Online Username and your MyHerkimer Username.
- Log into your Student Online Services (SOS) Account (you can use your Social Security Number as your User ID, no dashes, no spaces
- Select the Student Services tab
- From the menu, select the Student Services link
- Select Academic Transcript
- Leave the drop-down menu options in their default state
- Click the Submit button
- Your Herkimer College ID will be available in the upper right-hand corner just before your name. It begins with an “H”
Additional Assistance with your Generals Online Courses