About the Internet Academy
Welcome to the Internet Academy
We proudly offer 21 associate degree programs and three one-year certificate programs completely online. Approximately 30 percent of our student body are online students— taking all of their courses through the Internet Academy. And the majority of our on-campus students take at least one online course during their time at Herkimer.
By offering complete degree programs online, you are able to earn a degree without traveling to the campus—a real benefit if you have other responsibilities. Online learning means getting an education when and where is best for you.
Herkimer focuses on offering high-quality instruction. Faculty are required to participate in a series of workshops before they begin teaching online. They regularly “refresh” their courses to keep pace with quality benchmarks for online learning.
A System of Support
At Herkimer, we pride ourselves on a supportive environment and caring faculty and staff. Our goal is to offer the same level of care and service to online students as we do to on-campus students. All necessary services are accessible online, including registration, placement testing, bill payment, tutoring, book purchasing, and academic advisement.
Awards & Rankings
- Ranked #2 online community college in New York State for 2020 by Optimal, formerly known as the SR Education Group (based on several factors, such as retention rate, graduation rate, percentage of online enrollment, and the number of online associate degrees offered)
- Ranked by TheBestSchools.org as one of the best colleges in the nation for online associate degrees in travel and tourism, human services and legal studies
- Recipient of the National University Technology Network's 2016 Institutional Achievement Award for effective use of technology in teaching and learning
- Recognized as one of the most affordable online colleges in the nation by OnlineU
- Recipient of the 2016 SUNY Faculty Advisory Council on Teaching and Technology Award for Instructional Support