How do I register for a class?

Refer to our step-by-step instructions to register for your classes online.

How To Web Register

How do I Determine my Herkimer College ID?

You can use your Herkimer College ID in place of your Social Security Number when logging into Student Online Services and when contacting Herkimer College by telephone and email.  You will also need your Herkimer College ID to determine both your General Online Username and your MyHerkimer Username. 

  1. Login to your Student Online Services (SOS) Account available here:  https://onlineservices.herkimer.edu/pls/prod/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin.  Initially, you can login using your Social Security Number as your User ID, no dashes, no spaces. 
  2. Once logged into your SOS account, please select the Student Services tab.
  3. From the available menu, please select the Student Services link. 
  4. Select Academic Transcript from the available menu.
  5. Leave the drop-down menu options in their default state.  Click the Submit button.
  6. Your Herkimer College ID will be available in the upper right-hand corner just before your name.  It begins with an “H”. 

If you need any assistance with logging into your Student Online Services Account, please contact our Help Desk at (315) 866-0300, ext. 8555 or email them at help@herkimer.edu.

What are the technical requirements for attending your online courses?

You will need to use a PC or Macintosh, either desktop or laptop, to attend your online courses.  It should be noted that due to current browser requirements and reduced functionality within the Learning Management System, the use of mobile devices such as smartphones, e-readers, and tablets is not recommended as the only source to access online courses. You will also need to use a full version of a compatible browser.  You can find a list  of compatible browsers here: http://commons.suny.edu/opensunysupport/browser-compatibility/

As an Internet Academy only student, how do I satisfy the Physical Education Requirements for my program?

Internet Academy students may take HE 130 - Wellness or HE 121 - Personal and Community Health instead of the two PE activities.

How is the Internet Academy accredited?

As an integral, and mission expanding, component of college operations, Herkimer College’s Internet Academy enjoys full accreditation through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Higher Education. For further information about accreditation contact the Internet Academy Office at 315-574-4006, request information online or the Middle States Association (http://www.msche.org). In addition, the New York State Education Department has named Herkimer College an approved provider of Distance Learning Programs.

How do I find my advisor?

  1. Go to http://my.herkimer.edu
  2. Under Quick Links, select Student Online Services
  3. Select the Student Services tab
  4. Select the Student Services link
  5. Select General Student Information

How do I transfer credits from another college?

You must provide an official transcript from your previous college(s) sent directly to our Registrar's Office. The college(s) must be accredited.

If the class(es) are applicable to your program with us, we will accept them for transfer provided you received a grade of “C” or higher. In order to satisfy the residency requirement, to earn a degree with Herkimer, at least thirty (30) credit hours must be earned in residence; to earn a certificate with Herkimer, at least fifteen (15) credit hours must be earned in residence.

Once your transcript(s) is evaluated, you will be notified via email to access your Degree Works worksheet to see how your transfer credits were applied.

How do I get certified for Veteran Benefits?

You first need to complete the application with the VA http://www.gibill.va.gov

Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility, you would contact the Registrar to get certified.

How do I get an enrollment verification?

You need to complete an enrollment verification form or write a letter to us specifying the address where the verification is to be mailed, the semester, your college ID # or social security #, your full name and current address. Your request must be signed.


How do I request my transcripts?

You need to complete a transcript request form or write a letter to us specifying the address where the transcript is to be mailed, your college ID # or social security #, your full name and current address and then sign it.

Each official transcript is $10.00 and must be paid before they are processed.

How do I withdraw from all of my classes?

You need to download and complete a withdrawal form.