• In addition to the admissions application, you will need to submit an official, signed and sealed high school transcript, or copy of the GED or TASC, or HiSET report.

    Herkimer College
    Attn: Admissions
    100 Reservoir Road
    Herkimer, NY 13350

    If you have college credit you would like to transfer to Herkimer College, you must request an official transcript be sent from each college you have attended. An official copy of your transcript will need to be mailed directly to us at:

    Herkimer College
    Attn: Registrar
    100 Reservoir Road
    Herkimer, NY 13350

    Please note: Application processing may take up to two weeks.

  • We accept applications through mid August for the Fall semester, and mid January for the Spring semester.

    Complete our free application

  • No. These are optional, but depending on your score, you may be exempt from the placement exam.

  • If it has been a year or more since you last attended, or if you formally withdrew, please complete a Request to Return. If you have been gone for less than one year, please contact the Advisement Center at (315) 574-4029.

  • If you are a new student and have not yet attended classes, you may email the Admissions Office to change your major. If you are a returning student, or have already registered for classes, please visit the Change Major page.

  • Send your IEP, 504, psycho-educational evaluation, and any applicable medical records to our Coordinator of Accessibility Services Kathleen Netti. Please note that high school records are not automatically forwarded without your consent. Send documents to:

    Herkimer College
    Attn: Kathleen Netti
    100 Reservoir Road
    Herkimer, NY 13350

  • To be accepted into a degree or certificate program at Herkimer College, you must have one of the following:

    • Regents or local high school diploma from a public or New York State Education registered non-public high school
    • High school diploma from state other than New York approved by the New York State Education Department
    • GED (General Equivalency Diploma), TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) or High School Equivalency Test (HiSET)
    • Equivalent of a four-year high school course of study (homeschooled) under the requirements of Section 100.10 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, as certified by the superintendent of the school district in which the student resides. 
    • If you haven't completed one of the options above, contact the admissions office and we will discuss taking the ability to benefit test and 24-credit hour program.
  • Personal Vehicle


    Greyhound and Adirondack Trailways make stops at Union Station in Utica. Students may opt to take a taxi or the regional bus (Birnie Bus) to the village of Herkimer. The regional bus will drop you off in Downtown Herkimer. Many students opt to take a short cab ride from the drop off location to the college.


    Union Station in Utica is the nearest train station. Again, students may opt to take a taxi or the regional bus (Birnie Bus) to the village of Herkimer. The regional bus will drop you off in Downtown Herkimer. Many students opt to take a short cab ride from the drop off location to the college.


    Check our listing of local taxi companies.

  • A matriculated student has applied for admission and is enrolled in a degree or certificate program.

    Only matriculated students may:

    • Apply for financial aid or scholarships 
    • Be assigned an academic advisor 
    • Earn a degree or certificate
  • Submit an official transcript of your work for evaluation and follow the regular admissions procedure. If you are earning a degree or certificate from Herkimer College, you must successfully complete 30 hours of the total hours required for the degree program and 15 hours of the total required for the certificate program at Herkimer College. Only grades of “C” or better will be considered for transfer credit. Records from other colleges will be evaluated in terms of academic credit applicable to the course offerings at Herkimer College.

    Transfer Appeal Process:

    If you do not agree with Herkimer College's decision on the granting or placement of credit that you earned at a prior SUNY institution, you have the right to submit an appeal to the college’s Provost Office.

    Note: You must have a grade of "C" or better in a course for it to be considered for transfer.

    While each campus has a slightly different transfer appeal process, you should be prepared to provide reasonable material to support your case, such as the course description or syllabus in question. The campus transfer representative will explain the process to you and let you know exactly what materials are needed. Once all of the required information is received, you should have a written response within 15 business days. If the decision is unchanged, or you have not received a response in 15 business days, you may take your appeal to the SUNY System Provost by submitting the Student Transfer Appeal Form along with requested materials. The SUNY Provost will respond to your appeal within five business days from receipt of the completed appeal application. If the decision finds merit to change the course to meet a major requirement, the receiving institution will be notified to take appropriate action.