Change Major

Here’s what you need to know.

If you’ve changed your plans for the future or decided your current major no longer fits your needs, here are a few things you should know about changing your major at Herkimer College:

  • It may impact the time it takes to complete the new academic program, extending your graduation date
  • When you change your major, your grade point average does not get "reset"
  • Students are allowed one (1) curriculum change free of charge. Each subsequent Curriculum Change Form results in a fee of $25.00
  • To change your major: print, complete, sign, and return the Curriculum (Major) Change Form. Please submit the form to the Advisement Center (RMCC 302). The return address and fax number are included on the form

Before making the change, consider a consultation with your academic advisor.

Call the Advisement Center at (315) 574-4029 for more information.