In-person and online tutoring for all students.
Tutoring is available for more than 95 different Herkimer College courses and is free of charge to registered students. Our tutorial program is:
- Nationally certified through the College Reading and Learning Association.
- Staffed with trained, experienced tutors at both the peer and professional level.
- For both on-campus and online students, with or without a referral.
Students are encouraged to make tutoring appointments as often as necessary. To make an appointment:
- Use our online appointment portal at herkimer.accudemia.net.
- Visit the ASC front desk in LB 104
- Call the front desk at (315) 574-4000
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Embedded tutoring is a program designed to provide Herkimer’s students with additional opportunities to take advantage of academic support services. Students enrolled in courses with an embedded tutor have access to a peer or professional tutor who acts as a supplemental resource for the class. Embedded tutors:
- Attend class and take quizzes or tests just like a student would
- Learn with and alongside students
- Hold study sessions once a week to cover important topics discussed in class
- Collaborate with faculty to best support students’ needs
Both on-campus and online students can take advantage of the ASC’s online tutoring services. The following online support services are available:
- E-Tutor Paper Dropbox: Students can submit their papers to our E-Tutor Paper Dropbox to have them reviewed by our English/Writing Specialist. Students will receive back a Microsoft Word document with comments on how to improve their paper. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
- Virtual Appointments: Students who cannot make it to campus for tutoring appointments can meet with a peer or professional tutor remotely through Microsoft Teams. To set up a virtual appointment, visit herkimer.accudemia.net or contact the front desk at (315) 574-4000.
- Net Tutor: For night owls and students who do their best work outside of normal office hours, Herkimer works with a third-party service provider to give students access to 24/7 tutorial assistance in a variety of subjects. Net Tutor can be accessed via Generals Online. Download the instructions here.
Questions? Call us at (315) 574-4000