Take your writing skills to the next level.
Located in LB 107, the Academic Support Center’s Writing Lab offers free writing tutoring for students in all disciplines and academic programs. Our student-centered approach familiarizes students with the writing process, encourages critical thought, and promotes active learning and engagement in the craft.
Our writing tutors can guide students through any stage of the writing process and can help address issues with a paper’s organizational structure, sentence clarity, spelling and grammar, and documentation. Students can make an appointment or drop in during open hours as needed.
Writing Lab services include:
- An open-access computer lab for quiet writing space
- Easy access to the College library for all your research needs
- Assistance from a knowledgeable writing tutor as requested
The writing lab is open for both walk-ins and appointments! Tutor availability varies day-to-day. To make an appointment with a writing tutor, please visit our online tutoring appointment portal at herkimer.accudemia.net.
The “Write” Way Workshop Series
Throughout the semester, the ASC Writing Lab hosts various writing workshops designed to help you through each stage of the writing process. These workshops are interactive with a focus on student engagement and practical application of concepts. Topics covered include:
- Reading for Context and Understanding
- Brainstorming and Mind Mapping
- Honing a Thesis Statement
- Outlining a Research Project
- Research and Documentation for MLA, APA, and Chicago Styles
- Proofreading and Polishing a Draft
All workshops will take place during the college's activity period from 1:25pm-2:25pm.
Questions? Call (315) 866-0300 ext. 8549