Cost & Financial Aid
Everything you need to know about financial aid at Herkimer College.
Excelsior Scholarship Application Now Available!!
The NYS Excelsior Scholarship Application for the 2020-2021 academic year is now available. Eligible students can complete the application here.
To be eligible for FREE TUITION, students must:
- be a resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term;
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- have either graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a federally approved "Ability to Benefit" test, as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department;
- have a combined federal adjusted gross income of $125,000 or less;
- be pursuing an undergraduate degree at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University;
- be enrolled in at least 12 credits per term and complete at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program through continuous study with no break in enrollment except for certain reasons that can be documented;
- if attended college prior to the 2019-20 academic year, have earned at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program prior to applying for an Excelsior Scholarship;
- be in a non-default status on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or on the repayment of any NYS award;
- be in compliance with the terms of the service condition(s) imposed by any NYS award that you have previously received; and
- execute a Contract agreeing to reside in NYS for the length of time the award was received, and, if employed during such time, be employed in NYS.
It's Time To File Your 2020-2021 FAFSA application
The 2020-2021 FAFSA application is available now, don't delay! You will need your 2018 tax information to complete the application. You can also file the New York State TAP application at the same time. On the confirmation page of the FAFSA there is a link for "would you like to start your state application now" select this to apply for your TAP award.
New York will pay your student loan bill for two years!!!
Select the link below for details on this new loan program designed to assist students paying back their student loans. Eligible students will have New York State pay on their student loans for two years.
Now you can improve your financial literacy with online courses through the SUNY Smart Track Financial Literacy Website. You can learn about budgeting, identity theft and personal money management. Set up an account and get started today!