Since its founding in 1966, Herkimer County Community College has maintained a reputation of excellence fostered by dedicated faculty, innovative programs and outstanding support services.
As you explore our website, you’ll quickly understand what makes Herkimer College the premier two-year SUNY experience. Here's a quick list of facts to start with:
- Herkimer offers more than 40 associate degree and certificate programs in art, business, communication arts, criminal justice and law, education, healthcare and service, liberal arts and sciences, and STEM.
- Herkimer College has been named, by the Aspen Institute, one of the nation’s top 150 community colleges, eligible to compete for the 2019 Aspen Prize.
- Herkimer College is home to more than 100 international students from more than 20 different countries.
- The Herkimer Generals won the Daktronics Cup for 2019-2020, by placing first among two-year non-scholarship athletic programs (based on national championship competitions and awarded by the National Alliance of Two Year College Athletic Administrators).
- Herkimer College tuition for 2021-2022 is an affordable $5,116 per year for New York State residents and $8,000 per year for out-of-state and international students. Herkimer College students may qualify for free tuition through New York State's Excelsior Scholarship program.
- Approximately 89% of first-time, full-time students receive some form of financial aid.
- More than two-thirds of our students transfer to four-year colleges and universities to continue their studies. The College maintains more than 150 transfer agreements to ensure a seamless transfer of credits.
- The Internet Academy offers 21 associate degree and three certificate programs, as well as support services, entirely online.
- Residential students live in spacious, fully furnished, on-campus apartments.
With on-campus housing for more than 600 students, a nationally ranked athletics program, and a variety of student activities, clubs and events, Herkimer College students enjoy the complete college experience.