For health-related concerns, students can contact the following:
Bassett Convenient Care
321 East Albany St.
Herkimer, NY 13350
WellNow Urgent Care
130 West Albany St.
Herkimer, NY 13350
For emergencies, call 911.
Immunization & Physical Exam Requirements
New York State Public Health Law requires students who are on campus for six credits or more, to meet the requirements below:
- MMR Vaccines: All students born on or after January 1, 1957 must document immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.
- Meningitis Vaccine: All students must also document that they either have received the meningococcal (meningitis) vaccine or have declined to receive it. A Public Health Law effective August 15, 2003 makes it mandatory for ALL college students taking six or more credits on campus to receive information about Meningitis Disease and Vaccine. A Meningitis information sheet can be accessed here.
- COVID Vaccines and Boosters: Any student who will have a physical presence on campus will be required to provide evidence of, at minimum, the initial course of COVID vaccines. Proof of having received the COVID-19 booster, when eligible, is recommended as of February 2022, in accordance with State University of New York policy.
Students must submit their proof of completion of a COVID-19 vaccine series to the Dean of Students Office either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax to 315-866-1808. They can also be submitted online to the COVID Vaccination Confirmation form. Students can download the Request for Medical Immunization Exemption form or the Request for Religious Immunization Exemption form from the College website, or obtain them from the Dean of Students Office.
- Tb Mantoux Vaccine: ONLY required for International Students and Students enrolled in the Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), Early Childhood, and Childhood Education Programs.
- Physical Exam (within the past year): ONLY required for Athletes and students enrolled in the Pre-Employment Police Academy, PTA, Early Childhood and Childhood Education Programs.
- ATHLETES USE THIS PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (PTA), POLICE ACADEMY, EARLY CHILDHOOD, AND CHILDHOOD EDUCATION USE THIS PHYSICAL EXAM HISTORY FORM
PROOF OF IMMUNIZATIONS-- All students in ALL programs must submit this immunization form before the first day on campus: IMMUNIZATION FORM
Students must submit the required health information prior to the first day on campus. A hold will be placed on your student account until these requirements are met. (This means that no transactions can be made on your student account - i.e.: dropping/adding classes, financial refunds, etc.) A copy of an official immunization record (such as a high school, prior college or military immunization record) may be submitted to satisfy these requirements.
REQUESTING RECORDS FROM HERKIMER COLLEGE:
To request a copy of your health records from Herkimer College, please complete and submit a Health Records Request Form
PLEASE SUBMIT REQUIRED INFORMATION TO:
Dean of Students/Director of Athletics Office
Office Location: CA 264
If you have questions, please call the Office of the Dean of Students/Director of Athletics at 315-574-4009.