The scientific knowledge, skills, and values you need to thrive.
Herkimer College’s Science A.S. program prepares students for transfer to four-year college and university science programs. The program mirrors the first two years of a four-year science degree program. Class sizes are small, so students enjoy a more personal academic experience. While designed for transfer, some graduates secure employment in positions that do not require advanced degrees.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Demonstrate analytical abilities in organizing, data gathering, synthesizing, and evaluating
- Demonstrate an ability to use the scientific process to solve problems
- Demonstrate an understanding of value systems
- Write a scientific research paper
- Discuss and evaluate current science issues such as health, medical, environmental, and biotechnological problems
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog.
Herkimer College offers a quality and affordable educational experience.