Recreation Leadership A.S.
An alternative to traditional physical education programs.
Are you interested in promoting health and wellness? This is the program for you! You'll learn how to organize recreational programs and activities that promote health and wellness for both individuals and groups while studying principles of strength, conditioning, diet, and exercise.
In the Recreation Leadership program at Herkimer College, you’ll be taught how to plan, manage, and maintain a fit and active lifestyle. And you’ll be confidently prepared to transfer to a four-year school for further study in Recreation Leadership or related fields.
As a successful graduate, you'll be able to:
- Understand fundamental concepts in recreation, fitness, nutrition, athletics, and wellness
- Organize, manage, and lead conventional, adaptive, and therapeutic recreational activities
- Identify the need for leisure and recreational programming
- Plan recreational and leisure activities to meet diverse programming needs
- Assess the effectiveness of managed recreational outcomes and results
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Recreation Leadership A.S.
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Recreation Leadership A.S. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*
Cost & Financial Aid
Prior Felony Disclaimer
Enrollment of Individuals with Prior Criminal History
Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of this program. For more information, read the Policy Regarding Enrollment of Individuals with Prior Felony Conviction.