Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Certificate
A unique partnership with Faxton-St. Luke's Healthcare
This unique Certificate program, a partnership between Herkimer College and Faxton-St. Luke's Healthcare, provides the paramedic student the education necessary to function in an out-of-hospital setting as an emergency medical services professional. Trauma from motor vehicle collisions and the like, as well as medical emergencies such as heart attacks and strokes, all demand professional pre-hospital emergency medical attention. Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P) gives immediate and often life-saving emergency medical care to these patients while on-scene and during transport to medical facilities. Successful graduates will be eligible for New York State Certification as well as certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
The goals of this program are to:
- gain the knowledge required to become a competent and valuable member of the Emergency Medical Service team;
- gain the organizational and hands on skills required to become a competent and valuable member of the Emergency Medical Service team;
- gain the attitude required to become a competent and valuable member of the Emergency Medical Service team.
Successful graduates from this program will be able to:
- comprehend, apply and evaluate the clinical information in the patient's presentation and determine the appropriate pre-hospital diagnosis;
- organize a plan of care consistent with national and regional standards of care;
- identify and perform the skills required for the presenting injury or illness consistent with national and regional standards of care; and
- display the kind of professional behavior that is consistent with the expectations of employers and his or her peers.
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Certificate
Graduates can expect good paying jobs with ambulance services, fire, police or rescue squad departments.
Gainful Employment Program Disclosure
Emergency Medical Technician — Paramedic Certificate
These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
There may be additional costs for living expenses.
Typical graduate leaves with
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with N/A* of debt.
*Fewer than 10 students completed this program within normal time. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the following States: New York
Program completion data is based on enrollment in the 2017-18 academic year.
Program costs are based on the 2019-20 academic year. For additional information regarding other costs go to: Cost of Attendance
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: Graduation Rates
Prior Felony Disclaimer
Enrollment of Individuals with Prior Criminal History
Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of this program. For more information, read the Policy Regarding Enrollment of Individuals with Prior Felony Conviction.